Monday, March 31, 2014

A Couple of Cards

Hooray! I'm on spring break. I'm sitting here in Nags Head, NC as I write. My brother bought a house here recently and I brought my mom and Ryan down for a couple of days to visit. It's still cold, but being at the beach on a cold day is always better than being at home. I'm loving the Outer Banks. We've done lots of fun things this weekend - driving along the beach, eating Carolina BBQ, visiting the Wright Bother's memorial, taking long walks with the beach with the dogs. I could definitely get used to this.

So, here are a couple of cards that I've made recently. This first one uses some pretty Basic Grey flowers.  Aren't they fun? I added Webster's Pages and Prima papers to the background.


The fun thing about these are that they come unassembled. You can layer them however you want.
This next card uses some Crate and Heidi Swapp goodies. I layered them  and love how it turned out. I made it based on the March Color Sketch at Emma's Paperie. You can check it out HERE.


I love using color inspiration pieces. It helps me really think outside the box and put together things that I might otherwise not use together.

Well, that's about it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. :)

4 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, they are truly gorgeous and beautifully delicate! I love the flowers!

robinann17 said...

Lucky you being on the Outer Banks! I want to go there someday! I love your lovely cards - both are so beautiful! The colors are Yummy!

~amy~ said...

super PRETTY!

We visited the Outer Banks several years ago and LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

You lucky dog you!!! Have fun!! I really LOVE your cards, the 1st is my fav!