Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's-y Filofaxes and a Paperclip Tutorial

I am so excited that it's finally Valentine's Day month. Why? Well, I have a ton of Valentine's supplies and I can now use them in my Filofaxes! I moved back into my Aqua Saffiano and my Violet Domino in honor of the occasion. And I may or may not have a Pink Classic on the way to really help me get into the Valentine's spirit. :)

Anyway, here is my first spread.

 
 
I used lots of Doodlebug goodies on here. I just love them for my Filofax!
Here's my list:

Washi tapes (all)- https://www.craftjunction.com/product-category/brand/doodlebug-design/
Owl stickers- Michael's
Other Stickers- Doodlebug
PL Card- Studio Calico
Paperclip- Made by me (see tutorial below)

This next spread uses lots of goodies that I received in my February Gossamer Blue kits.
I think part of the reason I'm loving this month's decorating so much is because Pink, Aqua and red is my favorite color combo.

Cloud Washi- ACMoore, Chevron Washi-http://www.emmaspaperie.com/product-p/tapejbwt824.htm, Aqua Dot Wash- My Mind's Eye
Stickers and PL Cards- Simple Stories
Paper Clip- Made by me (see tutorial below)

Finally, I thought I'd share how I made the paperclips that I've been using in this month's spreads. I was at Michael's not too long ago and they had these adorable little guys on clothespins. I fell in love with them and knew they'd be perfect for my Filofaxes. So, I took them home. I found some paperclips that had little plastic square shapes at the top. I wasn't in love with the design on those, so, I ripped the felt pieces off the clothespins and hot glued them to the paperclips. They were really fun to make and I ended up being able to RAK some of them. :)

 
 
Well, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Shawn Chester said...

attractions in morroco

Anonymous said...

Adsolutely adorable Anabelle! I love those sweet animals and how pretty your filofax book looks with them in it!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Your projects are simply adorable! They're likable from first glance! I headed over here from Taheerah's awesome write-up on you today! http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/02/followfriday-no-7.html

Anski said...

Looks so good, fun and colourful!