Monday, December 6, 2010

December Daily

Happy Monday! We had a really productive weekend around here. One of the reasons is because Ryan's strep was back, so we were relegated to the house! He's on meds now and bounced right back, but in the meantime I got a WHOLE lot of decorating and cooking done.
Today I have a really fun project to share. I think it's one of my all time favorites! I finally tried my hand at a December Daily. I've never done it before, so I thought I'd give it a shot.




I got the idea for my album when I saw the Making Memories Noel Advent Calendar kit. You're supposed to hang these sweet envelopes like a banner using a big piece of tulle. Instead of creating the Advent Calendar, I used the set to create my album.




The envelopes, chipboard numbers and tags were perfect. I used a Tim Holtz Grungebook as the base of my album. Then, I created the insde of the album using various papers, journaling pages and the envelopes themselves.





The envelopes on each page will hold small photos for each day. On them I'll write snippets about the holiday season. I love that my memories will be tucked away in the envelopes. I tied it all together using the tulle and adding some tags to it.



I have my album displayed in the dining room and it looks like a decoration itself!
Here are a couple of the inside pages:





The rest of the album and my supply list can all be found at the Emma's Blog.

I also wanted to remind you of all of the fun things going on at Inspire Me this week. It's the Week of Winter Wonderland. There are going to be some amazing classes, giveaways and lots of fun. So stop by!

Thanks for visiting today!

8 comments:

dstandard said...

This is stunning! What a gorgeous memory book! I love seeing your creations - they always inspire me. Just like you I'ld love more time to explore them!

Patty O'Malley said...

Gorgeous memory book with so much detail!

Romy said...

Wow, what a fantastic project! I'm all oooh-ing and aaah-ing after seeing this. It is absolutely divine:)

Sandra said...

one word .. STUNNING! You are just so creative

Glynis said...

This is beautiful! I love the creative way you used that advent kit :O)

NinaB said...

Wow, this is beautiful.

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Oh my!! I so love this!! Very beautiful!! I LOVE your style!! :)))

groovepress.com said...

Your wonderful, creative talent is amazing.