Friday, June 18, 2010

Back from Hawaii!! Part 1

Wow! Where do I begin? Even though posts have been going up on my blog, I haven't been home. I scheduled them ahead of time while I was away in Hawaii!!!

We arrived home yesterday after being gone for two weeks. Usually, I'm glad to be home after a vacation, but not this time. We had the most amazing trip to Hawaii! Ryan has decided we need to move there. Seriously, I'd go, though my mom would have to agree to come with me. ;) It is stunningly beautiful there and the people are so nice. Hope you don't mind a photo heavy post today. I have so many favorite shots to share.I'll try to narrow it down to a few good ones. ;)

For the first seven days of our trip, we stayed at the Sheraton Resort in Maui. I can't tell you how much we loved this place!! We had a reservation for a garden view room, but when we got there they bumped us up to a Deluxe Ocean View room. It was heaven. Here's what I saw from my 'lanai' (balcony) everyday for a week...



And here is another angle in the evening...



Our routine this week consisted of playing during the day, showering in the late afternoon and then heading to the beach for sunset. At the Sheraton is this big black lava rock cliff. Every night a guy came out at sunset, lit the torches and dived off. Soooo cool! I must have taken a hundred sunset pics!




Here is one of the 3 of us...



And here I am. I could live year round in sun dresses and flip flops!



I love this one of Ryan at sunset.



One of the things we did in Maui was drive the road to Hana. The views are spectacular. Here are a couple of my favorite shots...




And finally, just to prove that scrapping wasn't the FURTHEST thing from my mind, evidence that I found an LSS!!



I bought a couple of cute Hawaiian themed things while I was there, but since my guys were in the car, I didn't have much time! ;)

Well, thanks for checking these out. I'll post some more soon!

Aloha!!!

9 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Love the photos!!! Road to Hana was pretty fun! We got married on Maui and have been there several times...last time while I was pregnant with Alex :( We need to go back.

Debbie said...

Hawaii is just about the BEST place in the world in my opinion! Looks like you had the vacation of a lifetime, Anabelle!!! I've been lucky enough to travel to Maui once and Oahu twice -- once was a 'just girls' trip with my best friend and her 17 year old daughter two years ago!! In Maui, we drove the Road to Hana also - spectacular vista points, and oh, the black sand beach was awesome! In Oahu, Pearl Harbor and Waikiki Beach just to name a few highlights. It's definitely paradise and I'd love to retire there -- I'll just have to take my boys and their families with me!!! So glad you had a wonderful and safe trip to paradise :)

Kimberly said...

Aloha! I know you loved it there. It is truly a beautiful State!

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad you had a wonderful time! I LOVE Hawaii. Being from CA originally, I've been lucky enough to have been there several times. Maui was by far my favorite...although I have to admit that the road to Hana made me sick. ;)

just another day said...

Anabelle your photos are fabulous ..hawaii is such a wonderful place we went there a few years back and told so many photos i would go back tomorrow

Danielle Flanders said...

Great pics! It looks so pretty there!

DeeDee said...

Looks amazing. Would love to see and hear more! :)

Linda Beeson said...

I always think we should move to Maui when we visit! It has been too long since we have gone - I KNOW you guys had a great time! Gotta go find that scrapbook store.

renna tania said...

hi :), let me introduce myself first, i'm renna tania from indonesia, i really intrested with your post and all your scrapbook ,did you done it by yourself? it's really beautifull .. may i learn some from you my friend ??
thank you very much

my sincerely,
Renna Tania